Physical Therapist (PT) - Sports Clinical Specialist - Jefferson Hwy - FT
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Requisition Number: REQ_00034046
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at Ochsner's discretion.
Required - Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy
Required - none
Required - Current physical therapy license in the state of practice or eligibility for licensure by examination or reciprocity from another state Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills in order to deal with a variety of patients and diagnoses
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Job Duties
- Performs age and diagnosis appropriate evaluations and treatment
- Maintains patient records according to documentation standards, policies and procedures
- Exhibits flexibility in overall department needs and actively participates in staff and committee projects
- Attains established productivity levels set forth by administration and conducts professional development, required training, and credentialing
- Participates in the education and training of physical therapy students.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style
- Other related duties as required Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.Physical and Environmental Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mechanical lifting devices (e.g. carts, dollies) or team lifts should be utilized. Must be able to stoop, bend, reach, squat, crawl and grab with arms and hands, manual dexterity. Must be able to travel throughout and between facilities. Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue. The incumbent works in a patient care area; works in an area where patients enter; works directly with patients; and/or works with specimens that could contain diseases. There may be an occupational risk for exposure to all communicable diseases.
- Very Heavy Work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Heavy Work. (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
- Complies with the Ochsner Health System Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns. Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
City: New Orleans
Community / Marketing Title: Physical Therapist (PT) - Sports Clinical Specialist - Jefferson Hwy - FT
Ochsner Health System has been providing high-quality clinical and hospital patient care to Louisiana residents since 1942. Our healthcare family—today, comprising more than 18,000 employees and and over 1,100 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties—is driven by our commitment to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, and that passion is shared with every person who passes through our doors.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Ochsner Health System (OHS) is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, selection for training, promotions, transfers, demotions, pay practices, benefits, progressive discipline and terminations.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Job Number: 11135