Radiologic Technologist - Cath Lab - Baptist - Sign on Bonus Available - Day Shift
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Requisition Number: REQ_00040217
- Education Required - 1 year radiology and angiography experience in order to become familiar with cardiovascular proceduresCertificationsBasic Life Support Certification through the American Heart AssociationPreferred - RCIS certificationKnowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented; experience performing complex tasks which may be hazardous to the patient's welfare and skills to detect equipment malfunctions.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and courteously with a diverse group of internal/external visitors in a highly stressful atmosphere.
- An interest and curiosity to learn new procedures.
- Knowledge of Heart and Vascular catheterization.
- Job Duties
- Operates monitoring and recording devices under physician direction to obtain necessary medical data and ensure patient safety.
- Operates Radiographic fluoroscopy equipment to obtain diagnostic images of coronary artery disease and peripheral vascular disease.
- Orders equipment in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Turns on all of the radiographic equipment in the AM.
- Assists nurse in checking patient in.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
- Must be able and willing to work a 4 10 hour work schedule.
- Must be able to take call 8 days a month which includes one weekend.
- Physical and Environmental Demands The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support through the American Heart Association
- Required - Registered Radiologic Technologist or Registered Cardiovascular Technologist Current Louisiana and ARRT license
- Work Experience
- Required – High school diploma or equivalent
City: New Orleans
Community / Marketing Title: Radiologic Technologist - Cath Lab - Baptist - Sign on Bonus Available - Day Shift
Ochsner Health System has been providing high-quality clinical and hospital patient care to Louisiana residents since 1942. Our healthcare family—today, comprising more than 18,000 employees and and over 1,100 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties—is driven by our commitment to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, and that passion is shared with every person who passes through our doors.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Ochsner Health System (OHS) is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, selection for training, promotions, transfers, demotions, pay practices, benefits, progressive discipline and terminations.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Job Number: 14450