Lead Researcher – Ochsner Therapy and Wellness Residency Program
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Requisition Number: REQ_00042158
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at Ochsner's discretion.
Required – Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Master’s Degree in Speech Language
Required – 3 years’ clinical experience in PT, OT, or SLP
Preferred – 1 years’ leadership experience within rehab in PT, OT, or SLP with 5 years clinical experience
Required - License eligible for PT, OT or SLP in state of Louisiana
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Ability to clearly articulate vision and purpose; aligning with departmental goals.
- Ability to share information and updates both internally and externally as needed.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build collaborative relationships, diverse and effective teams, and drive engagement within groups.
- Ability to remain focused on results, specific to performance of assigned team(s) and/or program(s).
- Ability to manage time to execute to optimize work processes as well as aligning activities with goals of the department
- Identifies and supports outpatient rehab programming needs via standardizing development of, implementation of and evaluation of all new and existing programs.
- Researches and identifies best billing and documentation practices for programs.
- Facilitates and collaborates with program experts to market to physicians/departments both internal and external to Ochsner.
- Manages and maintains assigned databases and Outcomes tools. Evaluates Financial and Clinical Outcomes of Programs.
- Evaluates and treats patients in discipline specific programming.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.
Complies with the Ochsner Health System Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Very Heavy Work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Heavy Work. (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue, but exposure or potential for exposure may occur.
The incumbent works with patients who have known or suspected communicable diseases and may enter isolation rooms. The incumbent has an occupational risk for exposure to all communicable diseases.
City: New Orleans
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Researcher – Ochsner Therapy and Wellness Residency Program
Ochsner Health System has been providing high-quality clinical and hospital patient care to Louisiana residents since 1942. Our healthcare family—today, comprising more than 18,000 employees and and over 1,100 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties—is driven by our commitment to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, and that passion is shared with every person who passes through our doors.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Ochsner Health System (OHS) is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, selection for training, promotions, transfers, demotions, pay practices, benefits, progressive discipline and terminations.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Job Number: 14949