Rehab Supervisor - Physical Therapist
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Requisition Number: REQ_00046641
Ochsner Therapy and Wellness - Supervisor - Orthopedics
General Job Summary
This job assumes responsibility for the day to day management of department. This job provides clinical and technical support to assigned staff, coordinates work flow, staffing patterns, program development, inventory control and distribution in their assigned areas, assumes responsibility for following, monitoring and reporting of statistical guidelines and metrics as established by federal regulations, credentialing bodies, payer sources, and leadership. This job plans, organizes, and conducts discipline specific treatment programs based upon the guidelines of the state practice act. This job participates in staff education and continuing education programs, as well as special departmental programs, clinical education, research, and writing of professional papers.
Required - Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Speech Therapy
Required - 1 year clinical experience in specialty area.
Exemplary leadership skills
Exhibits good clinical experience in specialty area
Preferred- Three years experience as a staff therapist ; atleast 1-2 years in leadership role
Required - Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Current state professional in a rehab related field (Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology) license or eligibility for licensure by examination or reciprocity from another state to practice in given profession
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information. Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
- Strong leadership skills
- Serves as a preceptor or mentor for new staff validating skills required for proper job performance as outlined in the orientation, assessment, and evaluation process.
- Supervises the day-to-day management of department.
- Maintains productivity standard of the department, monitoring individual staff productivity levels, discusses any staff concerns/issues with Leader.
- Provide training, coaching and feedback to ensure that performance standards are maintained and staff are provided opportunity for professional growth.
- Performs age and diagnosis appropriate evaluations and treatment specific to licensed discipline.
- Maintains patient records according to documentation standards, policies and procedures.
- Assists in the evaluation of departments learning needs to adjust to changing research, practice trends, and patient populations.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
City: New Orleans
Community / Marketing Title: Rehab Supervisor - Physical Therapist
Ochsner Health System has been providing high-quality clinical and hospital patient care to Louisiana residents since 1942. Our healthcare family—today, comprising more than 18,000 employees and and over 1,100 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties—is driven by our commitment to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, and that passion is shared with every person who passes through our doors.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Ochsner Health System (OHS) is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, selection for training, promotions, transfers, demotions, pay practices, benefits, progressive discipline and terminations.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Job Number: 16536