Respiratory Therapist - Registered -RRT - Sign on Bonus available - Jeff Hwy New Orleans - Full Time
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Requisition Number: REQ_00055687
Required - High School diploma or equivalent
Required - None.
Required - Current License as a Respiratory Therapist in the state of practice
Certification by the National Board of Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
ACLS obtained in 90 days
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Performs routine and advanced therapeutic procedures according to established policy and procedure.
- Reviews and documents all clinical information regarding each patient.
- Educates patients and co-workers on procedures and treatment plans.
- Performs diagnostic procedures.
- Provides care based on physical; psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of patient served in assigned area.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
üPhysical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
City: New Orleans
Community / Marketing Title: Respiratory Therapist - Registered -RRT - Sign on Bonus available - Jeff Hwy New Orleans - Full Time
Ochsner Health System has been providing high-quality clinical and hospital patient care to Louisiana residents since 1942. Our healthcare family—today, comprising more than 18,000 employees and and over 1,100 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties—is driven by our commitment to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, and that passion is shared with every person who passes through our doors.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Ochsner Health System (OHS) is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, selection for training, promotions, transfers, demotions, pay practices, benefits, progressive discipline and terminations.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Job Number: 17012