Interventional Radiology Technologist - Jefferson Hwy - Sign On Bonus Avail - FT - Days (Open)
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Requisition Number: REQ_00065670
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at the company's discretion.
Required - Completion of a Radiologic Technology program in an AMA approved school
Required - None
Preferred - 2 year experience in Interventional Radiology
Required - Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
Licensed by the Louisiana State Radiology Technology Board of Examiners (LSRTBE)
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
Preferred - Advanced certification in Vascular Interventional Radiology
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Verifies physician order and procedure to assure accuracy.
- Utilizes radiology information systems to facilitate care.
- Explains procedure to patient to ensure understanding.
- Independently operates equipment to complete imaging procedure according to protocol.
- Reviews patient images prior to transmission to ensure images meet diagnostic quality standards.
- Completes timely quality control procedures in accordance with regulatory standards and performing notification/remediation as warranted.
- Assists in the facilitation of departmental operations (inventory, staff schedules, equipment, maintenance, etc.).
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
This employer maintains and complies with its Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.
City: New Orleans
Community / Marketing Title: Interventional Radiology Technologist - Jefferson Hwy - Sign On Bonus Avail - FT - Days (Open)
Ochsner Health System has been providing high-quality clinical and hospital patient care to Louisiana residents since 1942. Our healthcare family—today, comprising more than 18,000 employees and and over 1,100 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties—is driven by our commitment to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, and that passion is shared with every person who passes through our doors.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Ochsner Health System (OHS) is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, selection for training, promotions, transfers, demotions, pay practices, benefits, progressive discipline and terminations.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Job Number: 19407